Going on holiday is always exciting. I love holidays and while flying to your next destination often means you can travel to more distant places much more quickly there is something special about loading up the car and hitting the road.
Here’s why making your next holiday a roadtrip will be good for the soul:
- You have complete control over your journey. You decide when to leave without imposed delays and you get to avoid the chaos that is airports. Come rain, come shine, you can get in your vehicle and head off on your holiday.
- Solitude or together time. Whether you’re heading out on your own, with your partner, or your family you get the solitude you need to recharge, think, and enjoy me-time or you get to spend some quality time together without the interference of distracting everyday stuff. There’s no TV or wifi and while you might have to put up with a few cell phones or tabs (depending on what rules you choose to impose) it’s still a chance to be together where no one can just get up and leave.
- Seeing the country is a great benefit of roadtripping. Seeing the land shift and change along the way is beautiful and gives you perspective on where you live and what’s around you. It feels like you really are seeing the world when you cross country that you don’t normally see.
- You can stop whenever and wherever you want. You can plan a trip hour by hour but I guarantee that if you travel by car you’ll find something interesting that you hadn’t planned for or didn’t know was there. This is one of the absolute draws of roadtripping because you get to discover and enjoy new things, places, and people. This is especially nice for nature lovers because every now and then you’ll find a particularly special spot in nature which often isn’t on the map. Pull over, grab some snacks, and spend an hour in a new spot.
- Once you get to your destination you have a car to explore the area even further. Obviously you can rent a car in other situations but that can be an extra hassle that you might not want to take on. With your own car you’ll be much more inclined to spend a few hours away from your accommodation or resort to see what else the area has going on and like I mentioned above you may discover some amazing stuff that you hadn’t planned for – you just never know.
- It inspires the adventurer in you. With the freedom of hitting the road in your own car and an open itinerary you may feel yourself open up to the spirit of adventure. Invigorating and fun, this is exactly what you need to relax and come home refreshed and inspired.
Get out your map book and plan a trip somewhere new. Get your car ready. Hit the road. Simple as that. Don’t forget to leave some time open to explore, discover, be a bit spontaneous. I guarantee you’ll have a great time.