The NYT Best Sellers List
The New York Times Best Sellers List
20 January 2013
- GONE GIRL, by Gillian Flynn. A woman disappears on her fifth anniversary; is her husband a killer?
- EMPIRE AND HONOR, by W. E. B. Griffin and William E. Butterworth IV. An O.S.S. agent’s plan to help his German intelligence counterparts reach Argentina encounters trouble; Book 7 of the Honour Bound series.
- THE RACKETEER, by John Grisham. An imprisoned ex-lawyer schemes to exchange information about a murdered federal judge for his freedom.
- THE FORGOTTEN, by David Baldacci. The military investigator John Puller, the protagonist of “Zero Day,” probes his aunt’s mysterious death in Florida.
- THREAT VECTOR, by Tom Clancy with Mark Greaney. As China threatens to invade Taiwan, the covert intelligence expert Jack Ryan Jr. aids his father’s administration — but his agency is no longer secret.
- THE TWELVE TRIBES OF HATTIE, by Ayana Mathis. Fifty-some years in the life of an African-American family, starting with Hattie Shepherd, who leaves Georgia for Philadelphia in 1923.
- CROSS ROADS, by Wm. Paul Young. A comatose businessman encounters Jesus, the Holy Spirit and God; from the author of “The Shack.”
- SHADOW WOMAN, by Linda Howard. A woman’s inexplicable strange memories and altered appearance result from a far-reaching conspiracy.
- NOTORIOUS NINETEEN, by Janet Evanovich. The New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum tracks down a con man who disappeared from a hospital.
- THE CASUAL VACANCY, by J. K. Rowling. The sudden death of a parish councilman reveals bitter social divisions in an idyllic English town.
- THE BLACK BOX, by Michael Connelly. The Los Angeles detective Harry Bosch links a recent crime to the killing of a photographer amid the 1992 race riots.
- MERRY CHRISTMAS, ALEX CROSS,by James Patterson. Detective Alex Cross confronts both a hostage situation and a terrorist act at Christmas.
- THE ROUND HOUSE, by Louise Erdrich. A Native American family faces the ramifications of a vicious crime.
- TWO GRAVES, by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Special Agent Aloysius Pendergast pursues a serial killer as well as his abducted wife.
- THE LAST MAN, by Vince Flynn. The counterterrorism operative Mitch Rapp searches for a missing C.I.A. asset amid treachery in Afghanistan.
Last week’s list: