5 Picks from Anne Lamott’s Bookshelf
The latest Writer’s Digest Magazine features Anne Lamott and as with each featured author Writer’s Digest asked Anne a seemingly trivial question for our entertainment.
However, hearing what authors have on their bookshelves is always very interesting to book maniacs like ourselves.
So without further ado, here are Anne Lamott’s 5 book choices from her bookshelf:
- “Charles Portis is one of my very, very favorite American literary heroes. He wrote The Dog of the South; he’s famous for True Grit."
- "I love Drop City by T.C. Boyle, and I think he’s one of America’s pure, great, clean, exciting storytellers."
- "Pippi Longstocking was what launched me into my life as a feminist and a woman of laughter."
- "My favorite book that my father wrote is called Anti-California: Report From Our First Parafascist State, about the years when Reagan was governor. That’s a book I really love and have read a number of times."
- "If I had to pick one book by a woman that I love above all others, it would be Middlemarch by George Eliot."
Read the full article: